Self-Service WebEx Meetings
Note: This service is currently in Pilot Phase and therefore only available to a select number of campus users. If you are not a part of the pilot but have an immediate need to use the service during pilot phase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Self-Service WebEx Site: http://gatech.webex.com/
An online collaboration platform, Cisco WebEx facilitates on-demand, real-time, collaborative web meetings and conferencing.
Authentication to WebEx is provided via Georgia Tech Single Sign On (SSO)
WebEx allows one to:
- Share a desktop and files such as PowerPoint presentations
- Collaborate using chat and whiteboards
- Poll participants attending a meeting
- Mark up shared documents
- Take control of applications in a screen shared via WebEx
- Record the meeting for archive to storage platform of your choice
WebEx works with Windows & Mac OS, and apps are available for iPhone, iPad & Android. Participants can connect from their desktop, notebook, smartphone, or tablet computer.
Before starting a meeting, we suggest you conduct an audio test to determine the correct sound levels.
Note: Integrated VoIP is the preferred audio option available within Georgia Tech Self-Service WebEx. Phone dial-in audio is available for the WebEx platform, however utilization of Integrated VoIP is a preferred option.
For an improved Audio experience:
- Avoid playing music.
- Avoid background noise.
- PC microphones are very sensitive and tend to pick up background noise. Some environments & configurations provide a high gain feedback loop between the mic and the speaker. This can overwhelm the built in echo cancellation and create a feedback loop which will cause a loud echo.
- Speak slowly and avoid speaking during slide transitions. This will help manage bandwidth utilization and minimize network congestion.