Georgia Tech WebEx Collaboration
Note: This service is currently in Pilot Phase and therefore only available to a select number of campus users. If you are not a part of the pilot but have an immediate need to use the service during pilot phase, please email email@example.com.
Georgia Tech Self-Service WebEx Site: http://gatech.webex.com/
A self-service online collaboration platform, Cisco WebEx facilitates on-demand, real-time, collaborative web meetings and conferencing.
WebEx allows one to:
- Share your desktop and files such as PowerPoint presentations
- Collaborate using chat and whiteboards
- Poll participants attending a meeting
- Mark up shared documents
- Take control of applications in a screen shared via WebEx
- Record the meeting for future reference and for archive to storage platform of your choice
WebEx works with Windows & Mac OS, and apps are available for iPhone, iPad & Android. Participants can connect from their desktop, notebook, smartphone, or tablet computer. WebEx meetings may be recorded for later viewing.
WebEx audio enables meeting hosts, trainers, or event producers to deliver the voice component of a meeting, live online training or large event.
Note: Integrated VoIP is the preferred audio option available within Georgia Tech Self-Service WebEx. Phone dial-in audio is available for the WebEx platform, however utilization of Integrated VoIP is a preferred option.
Before starting a meeting, we suggest you conduct an audio test so the presenters can determine the correct sound levels.
For an improved Audio experience:
- Avoid playing music.
- Avoid background noise.
- PC microphones are very sensitive and tend to pick up background noise. Some environments & configurations provide a high gain feedback loop between the mic and the speaker. This can overwhelm the built in echo cancellation and create a feedback loop which will cause a loud echo.
- Speak slowly and avoid speaking during slide transitions. This will help manage bandwidth utilization and minimize network congestion.